Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What to do??

How many people out there are turned off from politics? How many people avoid listening to it on the radio, watching it on tv, or reading about it on the Internet? So many times I just want to say forget it and not ever look back. I think I would be a much more positive person if I did so. Perhaps that’s why others avoid it? It causes too much stress to get involved or to stay up on what’s going on. There are very few things that I’m certainly convinced of in my life. One of these few things is that those who support the current administration and say all is well with the direction we’re going simply are not paying attention. Perhaps b/c they do not want to pay attention for the above reasons. They were turned off by war and spending towards the war and all the negative media attention the previous administration received that they developed a habit of not reading/listening/watching. They learned they were happier just not listening. SO when the first person came along that claims he will change things all those who didn’t have the heart for war jumped on the bandwagon. So now all Obama needs to rely on is that he is not George W. Bush and he’ll keep a 60% approval rating until people start paying attention again! How long can those that support him say he’s not that bad b/c he’s not George W. Bush? I pray it can’t go on for 4 years! I don’t blame it on people’s level of intelligence. I blame it on what their heart will allow them to endure. The news is negative, politics is negative, everything in life is negative. There was a commercial a few months ago that played on the radio that was going on about how bad everything is and at the end of this little part they said something like, “and everything is worse than we thought”. That pretty much wraps up the media and what’s being reported. No wonder no one pays attention, it’s bad for your health!

I hope that soon we get over this and little by little people begin to see what’s happening. Our current President considers himself as either a king or a celebrity. He might as well hang out with Hollywood folks all day. He has a huge sense of entitlement as demonstrated by a date that cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars. I’m not saying he can’t go on a date, but why can’t he work it in to one of his trips already planned? Does he really feel he has the right as President to go on a 3 hour date that would cost that much money? If he’s going to charge us that much money to go somewhere, have a meaningful purpose or at least stay there a few days to get some value out of the money we spend! I don’t care what anyone says about Bush traveling to Crawford, he never went there to go out to eat, a play, and then come immediately home! This is what the Hollywood rich do. Wasteful spending!!!! Robin Leech could do a show on this date with the intent to show off how great they are at their extravagant spending. How could anyone really listen to him and not call him a hypocrite? They couldn’t! It’s impossible unless they don’t know the meaning of the word hypocrite! He tells us to tighten our belt, stop wasteful spending, no private jets and no corporate retreats to Vegas or retreats on the tax payers dime. I guess in his defense he didn’t say no date nights??

And then going on to all the reckless decisions these guys are trying to make! Why are they involved in the operational decisions of any private company? Do they really think they can manage everything!? Especially when Obama hasn’t managed anything or anyone! What type of market research have they performed that motivates their decision making? Are these ugly GM cars really going to sell? He does realize that they have to sell for the company to make money, right? Or does he think as long as the car gets 39 mpg that he’s succeeded? Screw the fact that the consumer, you or me, must be willing to spend $20k on the stupid car!

I realize I’m not an expert on anything and I could easily be wrong on many facts, but there are some things I understand well enough to know that so many mistakes are being made! If you could point me to one government business that actually makes money then perhaps I would be a little slower to condemn every decision this administration makes! I’m not aware of any. If you can point me to a government business that you or I deal with that is a least a pleasant place to visit then perhaps I would calm down as well. The government is not qualified to do what it’s trying to do! They’re making things up as they go b/c they have no experience in what they’re getting involved in. And it’s a scary thing! They are going too fast without considering the consequences of their decisions. There will come a point where they’re going to say, oh crap, we’ve messed up. And then that’s when the taxes will come! And then Obama is going to go on another date b/c he promised his Jackie O - wannabe wife he would take her somewhere! They are so out of touch!!

If they could simply ask themselves a few questions before they make all their decisions! Is this idea going to have a return, will the car sell, will we chase all the brilliant minds out of this industry b/c they don’t want to be controlled by the gov’t, will the cost be too great, can we afford this, would I spend my own money on this idea, will this increase or decrease the growth of our economy, will this make America more weak or less safe????? I don't blame them for their way of thinking (except for the self entitlement he feels). I think the idea of having no rich and poor among is an excellent idea, as long as the society as a whole gives all they can to making society better. But you cannot forget the fact that we have lazy people out there who will mooch off the system if given the chance and we have greedy people out there that would retire before they have their money taxed and given to those that are not trying.

I have to stop somewhere, Iwas about to get back into Global Warming and cap and trade but I decided I could save it for another day. Hope you made it all the way through. Not really where I thought this post was going but I don't have the time to proof read and revise. I type until I'm done and that's what you get!

4 comments:

Spencer said...

This is a great post, I agree with everything you said. I got to a point where I got tired of all the negativity in politics and world affairs that I threw my hands up in frustration and gave up. I thought I was turning too negative, but now I have found that it is extremely important that people wake up. I have also found that you can be informed and educated on what's going on and still have balance in your life. I have come to admire Ezra Taft Benson, I am starting to read his biography. He stood his ground and persuaded more people to do what is right through steadfastness than through compromise.

What do you think about Obama recently saying that we live in a "Muslim Nation?"

Nick said...

Thanks for the comment!! You know, regardless if anyone actually reads this blog, it feels great to actually say a lot of this stuff, just get it out. It's hard to actually stop typing! I want to keep going but I'll end up repeating myself and rambling on so I force myself to stop but it does feel good.

I think he is crazy! I have no idea what his intentions are. My thoughts go from a conspiracy theory to he really believe he can make friends with extremists. I have no problems with stating facts but not sure calling us a Muslim Nation is correct? I guess he would have to define what a Muslim Nation is?? I honestly don't know what to think about it. I have a great friend who's Muslim. I try to talk him into moving to the US, currently lives in the UK. But he's not one of the guys you need to be worried about. Frankly, I think Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He thinks words will go a lot further than he thinks with the extremists. He's wrong.

Nick said...

Ok, I just read through his speech and at first I was surprised at how much I liked it and agreed with what he was saying. However, there was some things he avoided and some things he did say that I did not agree with. Why are we being so harsh with Israel? They are being bombed and they are being threatened. Israel has shown restraint. It's like a parent getting onto the good child while the bad one goes unpunished. And then he said nothing about terrorists or extremism. I was glad he talked about common ground, freedom of religion and rights for women. But he failed to say anything about a war against extremism. These same people who he's talking to would rather see us killed than their terrorists. They need to denounce terrorims. Palestinians need to denounce Hamas or any organization that would kill innocent people. That needs to be done before anything. How can he leave this stuff out? He's compromising. He can't do that. They want us to change without them changing. The terrorists need to feel that they are all alone. It will probably never happen.

Pittman Four said...

Hey...It's been a week!!! Where's your next post. There's been a lot going on I know you've got something to say!